Monday, May 16, 2011

Two Months Old!

It's true what they say about becoming a parent, time seems to pass even more quickly than before. It's like we blink, and suddenly our little girl is a month older. It's such a bittersweet time as everyday our newborn seems to be slipping away and instead we are left with this little baby so full of personality, and ready to discover the world around her.

She's changed so much over the last month. She is so much more aware of her surroundings now. She recognizes faces, and voices. Now every morning when I go to get her changed, dressed and fed she will greet me with a huge smile on her face. My heart still just melts every time she does this. It's amazing how much this little person is so capable of love for those around her. She is spending more time on "her own" now. She will sit in her swing or bouncy seat just watching the outside. She loves just staring at our curtains. Who knew they were so interesting! One of her favourite things is watching the "fishy show" (the Fisher Price Aquarium) after her diaper changes. Well put her in her crib so we can put her dirty diaper in the pail (cloth diapers) and then wash our hands.

She loves this time! She will wave her arms, kicking her legs and just squeal with delight over the bubbles and the little floating fish. This was the best money my mother ever spent on a gift for her that's for sure! We've already had to replace the batteries once already this toy has had so much use. I will just stand and watch her having so much fun on her own. I will have to remember to get a video of her watching the fishy show to share with you all. I'm sure it will bring a smile to your face as well.

She also loves her naked time at the end of the day when we change her bum and put on her pj's. Usually it's just the two of us since Andre is cleaning up the kitchen or doing something downstairs. It's our time and she laughs and smiles, and "tells" me about her day. I think she loves the freedom of no diaper of clothes to keep her confined! She's also really beginning to like bath time as well, so it's a much more quiet and relaxed time. Most of the time for this my mother will come over, and her and Andre will get her washed while I get her sleeper ready, or put away some of her laundry. One day I hope that Andre will be comfortable enough to do this on his own, but right now he still needs a little bit more practice, so my mom is there to help him out.


Emilie just continues to get cuter and cuter. I think you'll agree with some pictures from her two month photo shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment