Saturday, December 13, 2014

November Ipsy Bag Review

For those of you that are unfamiliar Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription. For approx $16 you will receive a makeup bag every month filled with 4-5 deluxe trial size-full size beauty products. There is usually a good mix of both drug store and higher end products as well.



Here is a review of all the products that I received in my November bag:

First off is the body wash from Delectable by Cake Beauty: (full size) I was really excited to see this product since I have seen this line at both Shoppers Drugmart and Target many times, and it is made in Canada! I haven't used this body wash though because the scent is sooo sweet. I smells exactly like vanilla frosting. I may still try this one day just to try out the formulation so I get a better idea of the products the company makes.

You're So Fine Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner from Elizabeth Mott in "Gliteratti": (full size) I was very happy to receive this since I do not have a black liquid eyeliner. It also has fine glitter in the liner, but it's very subtle. Perfect for the holiday season! It's a fine brush applicator so it can be a little more tricky to use, but not the hardest liquid eyeliner that I've used by far. I have used this and really like it.

Love and Beauty Creme lipstick by Forever 21 in "Berry": (full size) The formula of this lipstick is good. It also has okay wear, and wears off the lips nicely. My only complaint is the colour. It's a little bright for me for day to day wear to work. I have worn it in a thin layer with some gloss over it though.

Be a Bombshell eye base in "Submissive": (full size)This product has to be my favourite from this bag by far. I have used this quite a few times. It is a great eye base, and really gives the eyeshadow something to hold on to. I use this the most when I'm doing a matte eye look. I put this on the lid and it helps to give a little bit of shimmer to the lid, and helps to deepen up the darker shade in the crease because it has a subtle copper/champagne colour to it.

Temptu S/B Highlighter in "Pink Pearl": (sample) If you're really into highlighting then I'm sure that this would be right up your alley. I have a really subtle powder highlight that I prefer. I'm not a fan of liquid highlighters or blushes. This is no exception. It does have a night pearl glow to it though. I will be giving this product away.

Last but not least is the absolutely adorable glittery make up bag that everything came in. I was afraid that glitter was going to get everywhere, but this is like a plastic material so there is no worry about that. I love the bag.

Overall I was really impressed with this bag. There was a great variety of products this month, and some brands that are easily found in stores in my area, so that is a big plus!

If you are interested in subscribing to Ipsy you are more than welcome to use my referral code. I get points that I can accumulate to get goodies for free!:

http://www.ipsy.com/r/9sio?sid=ipsypoints&cid=general






No comments:

Post a Comment